Hi! My name is Dana Duncan and welcome to my blog! I am the owner of Dana Duncan Photography here in Hampton Roads, Virginia and I specialize in weddings and a variety of portrait types; bridals, engagements, children, newborns, high school seniors, and "Get Glam!" Go over and check out my website at www.DanaDuncanPhotography.com for more information and samples of my work. This is where I post my most recent work and all of my "sneak peeks" for each session, and try to keep things fun! Hope you enjoy my blog.
xoxo Dana :)

Friday, February 20, 2009

{Oprah's Clean Up Your Messy House}

Last week when I was stuck in bed with the flu I decided that I wanted to do a MAJOR overhaul of our house as soon as I was feeling better. I wanted to go in every room--- empty every drawer/closet/cabinet/box/bag and purge all of the stuff we don't need. Then I wanted to SUPER CLEAN everything----I'm talking scrubbing baseboards, dusting every nook & cranny and disinfecting everything we own :) Scott has most of the week off---so we decided that we would spend all day Tuesday & Wednesday completing our big project :) Our goal was to purge/clean/organize our garage on Tuesday and then take care of the the house on Wednesday. We woke up bright and early on Tuesday {ok, it was more like 11am } only to find it was raining :( We decided that it may be difficult organizing the garage in the rain---so we rearranged our plan and stayed inside. While we were cleaning I turned on Oprah and it happened to be her "Oprah's Clean Up Your Messy House Tour!!!" They shared some really helpful hints about keeping your life organized---especially the idea that you should organize for 10 minutes every day....just pick a small project { your pantry, a closet, or under the sink} and purge the stuff you don't need---regroup, and WhhhaLaaa! They say by doing this----you can keep your house clutter free in no time!

So---after hearing this great piece of advice, I decided to tackle my linen closet. When we bought our house almost 2 years ago, this closet had very little purpose. I placed a few towels in there---and that was it! Over the years it has been "that space" in our house where we dump something when it doesn't have a home. Below is the 'before' & 'after' pictures of my little project----and it only took 10 minutes!!!!



Also, The Container Store is offering 20% off everything in their store until March 1st. I LOVE this store for my organizing needs!

Finally, I'm sure you are also wondering what our progress is with the rest of the house.....As of Friday at 6:00pm we are about 75% done with the house---and 0% on the garage! It's going to be a fun weekend....

Have a great one!
~Dana

No comments: