Hi! My name is Dana Duncan and welcome to my blog! I am the owner of Dana Duncan Photography here in Hampton Roads, Virginia and I specialize in weddings and a variety of portrait types; bridals, engagements, children, newborns, high school seniors, and "Get Glam!" Go over and check out my website at www.DanaDuncanPhotography.com for more information and samples of my work. This is where I post my most recent work and all of my "sneak peeks" for each session, and try to keep things fun! Hope you enjoy my blog.
xoxo Dana :)

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Holy Moly, Tornado!

{This picture was taken right outside of Scott's office }

{flashback to March 5, 2008}

Scott and I have decided we are going to put our first home on the market and see how it does. We have fallen in love with a nice two-story house in Suffolk---nice and spacious (1900sq ft), 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, huge kitchen, large fenced backyard. The only real work we would have to do it rip out the countertops and have the granite installed. We don't plan on putting in an offer until ours sells---and this house may not be available when the time is right for us----but we are now motivated to get things going!!!

{flash forward to April 28, 2008}

Yesterday started off to be one of the most normal Mondays that I have had in a while. I got up at a lovely 530am, made it through the Mid-town tunnel in time to get to work early, and completed my daily ritual of surfing CNN.com and PerezHilton alll before 7am. About half way through the day I noticed that the weather outside was looking really gross---fast moving clouds, cool winds and it had started to rain like crazy! Even though I was facinated with the weather--the stock market does not slow down b/c of storms in Southeast Virginia---so I finished up my work for the day and headed home. As I was getting my things together my husband, Scott, emailed me a picture from his work (picture below). It was at the point I realized that we weren't just getting crazy rain, we had TORNADOS! I immediately thought of that movie, Twister,and the flying cows--- I know that they weren't as big---but we never see tornados around here! Then later last night I was watching the news coverage of all of the houses that had been destroyed and the neighborhoods that had been hit the hardest. I knew the name sounded familiar--but then it hit me---It was the neighborhood where we spent a lot of time house hunting!! Next thing I know---I'm looking at our perfect house (the entire street)---completely leveled. Crazy how things all work out, huh?

(Pictures courtesy of Greg Hicks )












1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.